We strive to obtain all relevant information that will guide to provide the best service possible. Services are offered to individuals who have funding through Persons with Developmental Disabilities (PDD) including Family Managed Services. Please refer to http://humanservices.alberta.ca/services-near-you/pdd-calgary.html for more information.
During intake, we seek information from the individual, their guardians and family, and any other involved professionals including but not limited to:
- Use various tools to assess the individual’s needs
- Collect information regarding their life, strengths, interests, goals and areas of assistance
- Previous assessments
- Past support plans
- School or individualized program plans (IPP) plans
- Medical reports
- Other assessments (e.g. occupational therapy, speech language pathology)
- Complete risk assessments
- Review individual’s rights in service and introduce them to relevant policies and procedures
After initial assessment, the team creates strategies to provide quality, consistent care that will support the individual in attaining their goals, and leading a meaningful life. This process is repeated annually, and as needed, which ensure the individual is receiving the most appropriate care and the strategies for support are effective. All supports and strategies developed and implemented with the individual are documented, and records are retained for each person accessing services.