Supported Lifestyles Ltd. is a not for profit agency that provides services to adults with developmental disabilities and mental health challenges. The Complex Needs program provides specialized supports and assistance to a variety of individuals with challenging needs. The Complex Needs Specialist may have the opportunity to work with a variety of clients as there are several individuals supported in this program. The successful candidate will utilize highly developed behavioural intervention skills to provide support for the development and implementation of intervention plans that will facilitate the optimal functioning of individuals with complex needs.
The Complex Needs service area provides its staff with specialized training and education to further develop the skills required to provide effective support to our clients. In addition to this specialized training, each new employee will attend five days of comprehensive, paid, agency training. Supported Lifestyles Ltd. is supportive of the professional growth and development of our staff, and there are ongoing opportunities for additional training and professional development available.
The day to day responsibilities of the Complex Needs Specialist may include but are not limited to the following:
- Utilizing highly developed behavioral intervention skills on a daily basis
- Delivering quality, specialized client services in accordance to Supported Lifestyles Ltd.’s mission, philosophy, agency and position standards
- Providing support to individuals through community integration, skill learning, and positive quality of life
- Providing client assistance (i.e. behavioural and emotional support, data collection and data analysis, implementation/development of behavioural support plans)
- Participating in community and recreational pursuits with clients
Typical schedules during the week include day shifts (8am-4pm), evening shifts (4pm-10pm) and overnight shifts (10pm-8am). Typical weekend schedules could include day and evening shifts (8am-4pm, 4pm-10pm and overnight shifts 10pm-8am).
Qualifications & Requirements
- A diploma in a related field (e.g. Human Services, Social Work, Psychology etc.) or a degree in any discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution is required
- Experience working with developmental disabilities and/or mental health challenges
- Post-secondary education in a related field is an asset
- Experience providing behavioural supports to clients
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The wage for this position is based on education and experience and ranges from $21.88-22.75/hour. We also offer a competitive benefits package for 30+ hour positions.
How to Apply
If interested, please apply by submitting your cover letter and resume using the form below and reference “Complex Needs Specialist” in the Message to Employer box.
Supported Lifestyles Ltd. thanks all applicants for their interest; however only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.