Supported Lifestyles Ltd. is a not-for-profit agency that provides services to adults with developmental disabilities. At Supported Lifestyles Ltd. there are a number of service areas that provide specialized services to our clients.
The successful candidate will utilize highly developed behavioural intervention skills to provide short-term, intense support for the development and implementation of intervention plans for individuals with developmental disabilities and/or mental health challenges. These intervention plans will help to facilitate the optimal functioning of individuals with complex needs in their families and/or in the community. Under the guidance of a qualified psychologist and the program director, the Support Approach Consultant will use behavioural intervention skills to develop quality support plans for front-line teams to implement. The Support Approach Consultant will also support individuals in service through advocacy, skill training and community education. The successful candidate will also support community members and organizations to develop best practices.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Degree in human services from a recognized post-secondary institution or equivalency is required (e.g. psychology, social work)
- Experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities required
- Experience working with individuals with dual diagnosis/complex needs preferred
- Experience with Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) an asset
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage time effectively within required timelines
- A vehicle is required for this position
The typical schedule for the Support Approach Consultant is Monday-Friday from 08:30am – 04:30pm, however some flexibility is required.
Starting annual salary of $53,841.82 and we offer a competitive benefits package.
How to Apply
If interested, please apply by submitting your cover letter and resume using the form below.
Supported Lifestyles Ltd. thanks all applicants for their interest; however only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.