Supported Lifestyles Ltd. is a not for profit agency that provides services to adults with developmental disabilities. At Supported Lifestyles Ltd. there are a number of service areas that provide specialized services to our clients. Residential Services is a service area that provides supports to adults with developmental disabilities and mental health challenges in residential group home settings. Typical group homes house three clients and are staffed with Residential Support Workers who provide supports to the clients both in the group home and in the community. Residential Services has several group homes in every quadrant of the city of Calgary.
Reporting to the Program Coordinator, the Residential Supervisor will manage a caseload of approximately 7 clients and is responsible for the delivery of quality, specialized client services in accordance with the Supported Lifestyles Ltd. mission, philosophy, agency and position standards, and Code of Ethics. The supervisor will organize, monitor and evaluate service delivery outcomes in consultation with front line staff. The Service Area Supervisor will spend time directly observing and monitoring service provision, developing funding proposals, monitoring staffing budgets, acting as a liaison with various community services, participating in strategic planning and participate on committees.
This position is a temporary six month contract.
Qualifications & Requirements
- A diploma in a human service field (e.g. Social Work, Psychology, Disability Studies, etc.) or a degree from a recognized post-secondary institution or equivalency is required
- Minimum three years of supervisory experience
- Minimum three years experience supporting individuals with developmental disabilities and/or mental health challenges
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to manage conflict effectively
- Vehicle is required
Monday to Friday 8:30am-4:30pm (flexibility required) and on-call responsibilities.
The annual salary for this position is $51,277.82 and we offer a competitive benefits package.
How to Apply
If interested, please apply by submitting your cover letter and resume using the form below.
Supported Lifestyles Ltd. thanks all applicants for their interest; however only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.