Supported Lifestyles Ltd. is a not-for-profit that provides services to adults with developmental disabilities and mental health challenges. Reporting to the Operations Maintenance Coordinator, the Operations Maintenance Worker is responsible to support the overall operational needs of the agency and its affiliates.
The Operations Maintenance Worker will participate in meeting the day-to-day operating needs of the agency in its various locations. This includes assessing maintenance issues, attending to minor repairs, dealing with service area maintenance requests, liaising with contractors and suppliers, lending support to renovation projects, maintenance and upkeep of agency properties, monitoring agency sites, and attending to health & safety concerns. It is expected that all job responsibilities will be completed in a timely manner. This position may be assigned additional duties at the discretion of the Operations Maintenance Coordinator.
This is a part-time position (20 hours/week). The Operations Maintenance Worker is required to work a flexible schedule as needed to meet the overall responsibilities of the position. This includes both attending to and supervising work needing to be done after hours and on weekends. On-call duties are sometimes required to assist in dealing with emergency maintenance issues (e.g., plumbing concerns, furnace repairs, health and safety concerns, hazards, etc.).
Qualifications & Requirements
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Knowledge or experience in delivering & managing services within defined budgetary guidelines
- Experience in operations and facility maintenance or equivalencies
- Knowledge or experience in trades an asset (eg., carpentry, painting, plumbing, drywall, electrical, janitorial, etc.)
- Ability to operate maintenance & repair equipment
- Ability to negotiate and/or oversee contractual projects with trades people as required
- Physical ability to carry out all work related duties
- Self-motivated and directed with the ability to effectively organize and manage a variety of tasks in a fast paced work environment
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously in a team environment with a variety of personality types
- Ability to effectively communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service
- Must have own hand and power tools
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle for work purposes
The starting wage for this position is $24.65/hour.
How to Apply
If interested, please apply by submitting your cover letter and resume using the form below and reference “Operations Maintenance Worker” in the Message to Employer box.
Supported Lifestyles Ltd. thanks all applicants for their interest; however only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.