The HR Generalist is responsible for sourcing, screening, and onboarding new talent while also providing essential support for diverse HR functions. This position will be instrumental in attracting and retaining exceptional talent and ensuring the seamless operation of our HR processes.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Diploma in a related field (e.g., Human Resources) required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field (or equivalent experience) an asset.
- 1-2 years of experience in HR Generalist or a similar role.
- Demonstrated experience in recruitment and talent acquisition, encompassing sourcing, screening, and interviewing.
- Profound comprehension of HR principles, practices, and employment laws.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in utilizing HRIS and applicant tracking systems.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple tasks with meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and time management abilities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and outlook).
- Hours of work: 40 hours/week.
- Typically, weekdays 8:30am- 4:30pm, some flexibility required.
- Maintain and update employee records (paper & Electronic), ensuring accuracy and preserving confidentiality.
- Facilitate the onboarding process by preparing new hire materials, organizing orientations, and overseeing paperwork completion.
- Support benefits administration, including enrollment, changes, and liaising with benefits providers.
- Generate HR reports and metrics pertinent to recruitment, turnover, and other HR-related data.
- Collaborate with the HR team to enhance and streamline HR processes and practices.
- Maintain personnel files (electronic & paper) and ensure compliance with record-keeping regulations.
- Assist in managing voluntary and involuntary terminations, overseeing the off-boarding process, and ensuring accurate departure entries.
- Effectively liaise with payroll/accounting personnel to ensure wage/benefit or other employment records are updated.
- Assist in administering HR policies, procedures, and programs.
- Collaborate with department leaders to determine staffing needs and develop recruitment strategies for external and internal hiring (focus on internal hiring).
- Create and manage job postings on various platforms, ensuring accurate and engaging content.
- Utilize proactive sourcing techniques, including social media, networking, and job fairs, to identify potential candidates.
- Screen resumes and applications, conduct initial phone interviews, and present qualified candidates to hiring managers.
- Coordinate and schedule interviews, gather feedback from interview panels, and facilitate the decision-making process.
- Manage the recruitment tracking system, ensuring accurate and up-to-date candidate information on the recruitment tracking system.
- Participate in the development of interview questions to evaluate candidates effectively.
- Conduct reference and employment checks and assist in negotiating employment offers.
- Actively participate on a Agency committee that needs a HR presence, as mutually agreed upon with the HR Director (e.g. health and safety; newsletter; policy and procedure, etc.)
- Work effectively and professionally with personnel and supervisors in all service areas.
- Consider agency health and safety policies when working (e.g., strategies to be safe when working after the office closes).
- Attend professional development or training activities as assigned or approved. Keeps up to date in knowledge as it relates to job functions.
- Facilitate Hiring Process training for supervisors.
- Develop related policies/procedures/training as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the HR Director.