Supported Lifestyles Ltd. is a not-for-profit agency that provides services to adults with developmental disabilities. The Residential team provides a necessary and invaluable service to our clients promoting inclusive community activities and support in their residential homes.
Reporting to the Crisis Response Coordinator, the Crisis Response Specialist will be responsible for providing on-call support for the delivery of intervention plans while ensuring the safety of clients and staff. The successful candidate will utilize highly developed behavioral intervention skills to respond to crisis situations, health and safety concerns, and staffing issues for all homes in residential services. The ideal candidate will be able to work effectively under high-pressure situations and must be able to work independently and with minimal supervision.
Qualifications & Requirements
- A diploma in a human service field (e.g. social work, psychology, disability studies, etc.) or a degree from a recognized post-secondary institution is required
- Minimum one year of supervisory experience
- Minimum one year of experience supporting individuals with developmental disabilities and/or mental health challenges (e.g. dual diagnosis, complex needs, high risk youth)
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- A vehicle is required
The Crisis Response Specialist will be scheduled to work the following on-call shifts:
- One Saturday per month
- One to two statutory holidays per year
- Be the backup/alternate Crisis Response Specialist every other weekend
- Additional shifts available
How to Apply
If interested, please apply by submitting your cover letter and resume using the form below.
Supported Lifestyles Ltd. thanks all applicants for their interest; however only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.