Supported Lifestyles Ltd. is a not-for-profit agency that provides services to adults with developmental disabilities. At Supported Lifestyles Ltd. there are a number of service areas that provide specialized services to our clients. The Complex Needs Residential service operates as part of a multi-agency collaborative. This particular service provides assistance to a variety of individuals with challenging needs.
The Complex Needs service area provides its staff with intensive training to each client supported by this service and ensure onsite access to supervisory support is provided daily.
This position is a combination of supervisory and front-line responsibilities. The successful candidate will be working in a service area dedicated to high-risk adults who require strong support in areas of behavioural issues. The Team Leader will utilize their highly developed behavioral intervention skills to provide intense support for the development and implementation of intervention plans that will facilitate the optimal functioning of individuals with complex needs and will train and assist staff to optimize these skills. The successful candidate will provide support to individuals and their teams through advocacy, skill training, and community education.
Qualifications & Requirements
- A diploma in a human service field (e.g. Social Work, Psychology, Disability Studies, etc.) or a degree from a recognized post-secondary institution or equivalency is required
- Minimum two years of experience working with developmental disabilities and/or mental health (e.g. dual diagnosis, complex needs, high-risk youth)
- Minimum two years of supervisory experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- A vehicle is required for this position
- Team Lead: Saturday and Sunday – 8 hours each day, some flexibility is required
- Direct Support (Complex Needs Specialist): Monday-Wednesday 08:00-16:00
- Team Lead: $28.22 per hour to start
- Direct Support: $21.88-$22.75 per hour to start
- We offer a competitive benefits package
How to Apply
If interested, please apply by submitting your cover letter and resume using the form below.
Supported Lifestyles Ltd. thanks all applicants for their interest; however only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.